I am pleased to see that the IMF now predicts that Britain will be enjoying the fastest growth this year than any other of the richest G7 countries.
This is a great boost that The International Monetary Fund (IMF) now predicts that Britain will be enjoying the fastest growth this year than any other of the richest G7 countries.
Should we get a house extension or move instead? is something that I have often been asked over many years.
Also another question that follows on by homeowners is what would the expected “uplift” in the value of their property if they make certain alterations’. Therefore you can see the concern, as many ponder – should we extend or move house?
Work from home? The average person spends about 15,000 hours commuting between home and office during their lifetime!
As a consequence, over 7% (2 million) of the working population are estimated to work from home at least one day a week, thereby reducing wasted time, stress, and fuel consumption.
I am sure there was much more to celebrate as we entered 2014, than there was when we entered 2013 with regards to the housing market.
The housing market gained strength in 2013. But what will happen in 2014? Well lets look at the following facts.
A Smoke Alarm Can Save Lives – When Was The Last Time You Checked Your Smoke Alarm?
Moving into a new home is a very good time to consider the simple but important aspect of having a smoke alarms, have you got at least one in your home? If so, are you sure it works? They are not expensive and can be purchased for around £15 each.
- Stained Glass Window – Home Improvement Ideas
We all know that home improvements often increase the value or saleability of your home, but whilst most improvements enhance a property, they generally stay with it when it is sold. However, there are improvements you can make that will not only maximize the presentation of your home, but which you can also take with you when you move. Here are some suggestions:
- Use rugs as a flexible way of improving a floor without going to the permanent expense of fitted carpets.
- How about using freestanding new or antique wardrobes and cupboards that you can take with you when you move, rather than installing permanent fitted cupboards? Freestanding kitchen units can also look fantastic.
- How about a concertina screen instead of curtains? Alternatively, a window with a miserable view can become a dramatic feature if you hang a stained glass design in front of it.
- In the garden, stone garden furniture and small water features can give a sense of permanence, but can be easily removed, so can solar-powered outdoor lights.
- If you work from home or need a playroom, a high quality timber structure in the garden is an instant, low-cost, alternative to an extension.
- Plants and shrubs in flower beds prefer to stay there, but planted in pots and troughs, not only can they go with you, they will also provide instant effect in your new home.
Remember you are offering buyers a home – not just a house. But do make sure that everyone is quite clear about what you intend to take with you when you move. Just avoid the phrase “that’s going”. Going with the house, or going with you?!
For more helpful information on moving home or improvements that will add value to your home, contact Tony Lynch of Lynch Sales & Lettings of Woking on 01483 751000 or visit our Facebook page @ www.facebook.com/housesinwoking